Saturday, September 11, 2010

I Can Believe I am Almost Done yayyyy

I am so happy that this class is getting close to the end for me. My instructor give so much support and encouragement each time I was feeling stuck, hopeless, and quite dumb, she plays important part to avoid any idea of giving up. To be honest, every time I send an assignment my nerves abandoned me but the feedbacks were always helpful to me.
When the lesson became even more challenging for this ESL Adult Who struggle with English (hehehe), I decide to use it as my final essay. What a great and rich experience to use as the blueprint of my research work. However, having the difficulties with the language it is not the end of my obstacles. I have had to figure out how to do all my papers, take care of my developmentally delayed twins, my professional enhancement, work trainings, and fighting against emotional-mental up’s and down’s. My instructor understand my strengths and weaknesses while writing a paper, she told me that not only ESL students fails in writing a paper. Many Native Speakers also have problems writing a paper. The date to complete the course was August 6, and here I am all devastated and having a panic attack because of the fear of loosing my grant that is paying for my schooling. All of the sudden the world was grounding me into a fine powder, and nothing could help me to feel better at that moment except for my babies.

I cried so many times when my schedule did not allow me to visit the Writing Center then, I find couple classmates who offer their help to read my papers, and one family member from my ex side offers help also. My instructors name is Romina =). She told me that I can apply for an Incomplete that will give me an extension to complete my course. At that moment everything came back to normal, so I start serious changes in my life that were bothering me.
Cherie is the name of my classmate who after an awful accident still helping me in couple assignments. I stop asking as soon she comments that she wasn’t feeling really well so why bother. The other person’s name is Doris, she is my friend since I married my babies’ daddy, and she is an excellent professional, I remember she helped me with a paper long time ago. I did not ask her from the beginning of the course because she was working driving one of the Princess Hotel Tourist Bus around as needed, and I developed an ugly anxiety that goes along with my impatience.
Doris is been there when I felt down, cried, achieve, and pursue any dream since I moved here in Alaska. She can be deadly honest, but she is not rude at all. It helps me so much in many ways. I can say that she trains me to digest and accept positive criticism without getting into victim mode. Sound quite dramatic but heck that’s my life and I am darn proud of my stubbornness and dedication when I choose something especially when that something is to better myself in all aspects of my life.
The funny part is that Doris started to help my with this Academic Writing class exactly in the process of lesson 11 ha ha. But is never later I need her in this last lesson badly, because they are the finals and hardest for me as writer. I am confident that the paper will turn out just perfect at least for me. I am aware even with Doris assistance, my paper will not be 100% the best, and I only want a good grade and the satisfaction of completing my course before September 13.
Whoever is reading my post might say; why is she thinking that we care about all this personal details? TMI. My answer to this question is that I am following my thoughts and emotions to be who I am, to write and say what I feel, and to feel get what I want. Thank you for stopping by and reading my blog. Is your as my blog title said is to be in touch with the world not to presume be the best of the best. I am just a simple person sharing learning experiences through my college class that feed my personal life with outstanding outcomes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello i will love to know what it is in your mind, do you agree or disagree with my posts. Is all a learning process for me, all comments are more than welcome. Have Blessed Day